Are you looking for a provider of home health care in Alum Creek Dr. Columbus, Ohio?
There are different quality home health care service providers around like American Family Home Health Agency. And getting your own private duty nurse is necessary because a private nurse can give a lot of medical help for you. Below are the top 13 things that your PDN can do for you:
1. Nurse-physician transparent communication
The nurse constantly and consistently reports her assessment of the patient health condition.
2. Day-to-day patient intercommunication
The nurse can provide a good company for the in-home patient. It would also give the patient many ideas about what can happen and what the medicines and therapy will do to the patient. He/she can offer emotional support to the patient which is a beneficial.
3. Vital signs monitoring (changes and alterations documented)
PNDs always aim to normalize the vital signs of the patient which is why monitoring is important
4. Medication management and preparation (as pre-ordered by physician)
5. Changes dressings, bandages and contraptions as prescribed
Dressing can be challenging and difficult for some to do it properly. There are techniques nurses can do and can teach you how to.
6. Nutritional management (with considerations to dietitian advice and medical condition)
From the planning, preparation, set-up and clean-up, the PND is there to provide proper nutrition for the patient. When in-home recovery is needed by the patient, all he/she needs to do is to focus on his health. This would also prevent the patients to move so much in the house.
7. Assisting on patient’s personal care
This includes bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, etc.
8. Providing different forms of exercises (may be passive or active depending on the condition)
This is where recreational activities for the patient to distract from boredom and depression. Also, their minds can be maneuvered into more interactive games than stay alone and think about their condition.
9. If bed-ridden, providing alternative plan to prevent bed sores contractures and muscle wasting.
PDN’s know what to do in cases like these. They can give you pain relievers that aren’t over the counter since they’re license and give you tips on what to do to avoid pain.
10. When alterations are observed, performing treatments and remedies
11. Reporting significant changes or progress of patient’s condition
12. Application of independent emergency procedures in case of emergency situations
13. Sustain good health and well-being of the patient
Recovery to good health is the goal, sustaining it is the challenge. PNDs help patients
Since you are with us here in American Family Home Health Services, you are on the road to better health! Here at American Family Home Health Services, we can offer different kinds of care for all ages. You can visit us at www.amerikan-family.com or contact our health professionals in support with the betterment of your health! You deserve the best of health; do not put it to waste.